We are so entranced with extraterrestrial life, boundless space, and the universe that we overlook something crucial. There are a lot of things hidden in the ocean floor, and it is located directly on our planet. How thoroughly has the ocean been explored?
Actually, only 5% of the ocean has been investigated, leaving the other 95% undiscovered. If we consider it from a different angle, we can see that the oceans make up 70% of the Earth’s surface. Thus, only 65% of the world has been explored. Who knows how many mysterious creatures, wrecks, or sea mountains there are deep beneath the surface?
We can use the recently discovered odd fish as an example. Its home, according to researchers, is in the Pacific Ocean’s depths. The barreleye (Macropinna microstoma) is unique not just because of its peculiar shape but also because of what is hidden inside its head.
The cranium is transparent, and the ocular system and other organs are easily visible. The Macropina microstomia is a curious fish with eyes that can move both vertically and horizontally. You can also see two nostrils above the mouth in the image. The translucent forehead gives the creature a benefit for hunting because it can cover a large number of visual fields, according to the experts that closely examined the specimen.
How many creatures like these are there in the ocean? How many monsters are there in the ocean’s depths, where the water is freezing and inhospitable to humans? Let’s spread the word about this fantastic knowledge!